Waitsburg School District Emergency Weather Procedures
The district will make every attempt to advise the community and staff of the impact of weather/road conditions on the school day as early in the day as possible. Under normal situations, these decisions will be made no later than 6:30 a.m. The district will notify radio stations first and then principals and supervisors. Should it be necessary to revise a decision due to changes in weather conditions (i.e. change from a delayed start to a cancellation), the decision to do so will be made no later than 7:30 a.m.
The district has established the following procedures/practices for situations of severe or hazardous weather/road conditions.
The general procedure deals with the following conditions:
- Delayed Start: There will be a delay (usually two hours) in the start of the school.
- Early Dismissal: Weather/road conditions which deem it necessary to dismiss students early as a safety measure to have buses or other vehicles off the roads.
- Cancellation: When school is canceled due to severe weather/road conditions
Where to find information about delays/closures/changes
- The information will be shared with media outlets.
- The information will also be posted on our district website and Facebook.
- If you have an email address in our Skyward system, you will be notified.