STUDENT ASSISTANCE TEAM
The Student Assistance Team (SAT) is a team composed of educational professionals who collaborate on how to best meet the needs of children based on the information received on the SAT referral form. Please click here to access the referral form. Once the form is completed please email it to: email@example.com for grades K-12 students.
TITLE I REMEDIAL PROGRAM
A federal program which provides for support services in the areas of reading, language arts, and mathematics for students who are struggling. Formal and informal test data are used to identify those who would benefit from additional services. Highly qualified paraprofessionals provide both in-class and out-of-class assistance.
- Mr. Mark Pickel - Director, Federal Programs
LEARNING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LAP)
A state program which provides for support services in the areas of reading, languages art and mathematics for middle and high school students who are struggling. State assessment data is used to identify those who would benefit from these additional services. Highly qualified teachers and paraprofessionals provide both in-class and out-of-class assistance.
- Mr. Mark Pickel - Director, LAP Program
Students whose have identified disabilities which adversely impact education performance may be eligible for to receive specially designed instruction and related services tailored to fit their needs.To meet "Child Find" obligations, the Waitsburg School District seeks to locate young people from birth to age 21 who may need special education services. The District provides programs for students with identified disabilities ages birth to 21. Parents or guardians who have concerns about their child in any of the following areas are encouraged to contact Mr. Mark Pickel, Superintendent at 337-6301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIAL EDUCATION STAFF
- Mr. Mark Pickel, Director, Special Education (K-12)
- Mrs. Rosy Nechodom, Section 504 Officer (K-12)
- Dr. Ben Christensen, Special Education Teacher (K-12)
- Ms. Kylie Hardmeyer, SLP (K-12)
- Mrs. Midge Crawford, School Psychologist (K-12)
- Mrs. Sonya Taylor, Occupational Therapist (K-12)
- Mrs. Karen Huwe, Paraprofessional, Waitsburg High School (9-12)
- Mrs. Dawn Nichols, Paraprofessional, Preston Hall Middle School (6-8)
- Mrs. Kathy Schirm, Paraprofessional, Waitsburg Elementary School (K-5)
Mrs. Rosy Nechodom provides support for students, their families, and the staff. She believes in a hands-on, constructive, individualized and tailored approach that is goal oriented and outcome based. All interventions promote the emotional well-being of the child and strengthen the family unit as a whole. Mrs. Nechodom places a high value on collaboration with parents.Mrs. Nechodom's office is in the elementary school.